If you want to have your work featured on the Hothouse website, send us a pitch!
We accept anything from literary criticisms, to personal essays, to reviews/recommendations of films/books, to mixed-media pieces, to satires of any-and-everything. And while we are open to experimentation and innovation, please keep in mind that Hothouse is a literary site, and not necessarily a place to submit work that would be better suited for our print edition. For example, while we’re sure your poetry is achingly tender, our website is a space to talk about literature and the literary adjacent—not necessarily to create it.
If this sounds interesting to you, go ahead and send us a pitch! Pitches should:
- State clearly what you’d like to talk about
- Mention the conversation you’re entering into
- List what you’ll be hitting on
- Explain the larger implications (i.e. why we should care)
- Be sent to the Hothouse email with the subject line “ATTN Website: Pitch”
- Be written in the body of the email
- Be roughly 100 words
If your pitch has been accepted, one of our Website Editors will respond with information about the drafting and editing process.
We look forward to reading your pitches!